City of Industry, CA
Large manufacturing facility seeking full time Quality Technician. Quality Technician is responsible for helping and providing support in the planning, coordinating and overseeing of the quality management system. Helps manage and maintain management system as it pertains to the manufacturing process and ISO, SFI, FSC, GMI, etc.... Provides quality related support and resources to all customers, department managers and/or team members when needed. Play key role in process improvement and the development of quality training programs.
• Administers and maintains management system based on ISO 9001 standard requirements.
• Administers and maintains management system based on FSC & SFI standard requirements.
• Conducts management review meetings.
• Participant in all external audits (customer and/or 3rd party).
• Maintain internal audit program. Holds meetings with managers and supervision to review audit outputs.
• Help with updating and distributing PONC (Price of Non-Conformance) charts for weekly and monthly
reviews, Financial Review, department identification/tracking.
• Investigate, using quality tools and maintain the internal corrective action (ICA) process.
• Write and/or revise quality documents (as needed). Works closely with all department heads in developing
instructions, SOP’s, control charts, training, certifications and overall quality awareness.
• Help in the development and implementation of training programs.
• Conduct quality related training when required.
• Verify that all internal processes and procedures are being followed at all times.
• Communicate with Customers, Managers, Client Services, Design, Sales, Floor Supervisors and/or Operators.
• Works closely with managers and staff to insure quality compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring safety procedures. Maintain a safe and hazard free work environment. Also
responsible for being conscious of safety guidelines and reporting safety hazard corrections when indicated.
• Box checks and signing of Certificates of Compliance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma; AA / BA preferred.
• Knowledge of industry and production processes typically acquired through 2+ years of industry
experience (Corrugated or Folding Carton mfg, planning, client services).
• Excellent mathematical, analytical and organizational skills required.
• Has technical knowledge of the mfg. and/or order process. Will be working in the plant environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills. Proactive
and a good sense of urgency in servicing internal/external customers.
• Inquisitive, will ask questions and comfortable challenging aspects of mfg. process.
• Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
• Current employees must be performing their current job duties in an acceptable manner and have a
good attendance record.
• MS Outlook
Please submit your resume for consideration.
5640 Moreno Street Suite A
Montclair, CA 91763