Human Resource Assistant
Claremont, CA 91711
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative support to the Human Resources department for approximately 375 employees and 100 temporary associates in a manufacturing environment. Prior experience as an HR Administrative Assistant or HR Generalist, 2+ years preferred. The ideal candidate should have strong HR admin experience, basic generalist knowledge, skills require accuracy and attention to detail, organized and time management confidential discretion is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the onboarding of all new hires and temporary associates including preparation of new hire and temp associates folders.
- Temporary workforce management: work with temporary staffing services to recruit temporary employees and manage timekeeping records.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll for processing including auditing of timesheets and check distribution.
- Process terminations including preparing final paycheck and required exiting documents.
- Assist with employee benefits including new enrollment, changes, and terminations via our third party benefits system.
Responsible for auditing benefits invoices for processing and payment.
- Participate in the Employee Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all personnel files are maintained including filing.
- Assist with I-9’s, ITAR compliance and E-Verify procedures.
- Leave of absence administration including FMLA and personal leaves.
- Respond to Unemployment Insurance Claims, Paid Family Leave and State Disability Claims.
- Responsible for Applicant Tracking for Company Affirmation Action Program.
- Responsible for managing DMV checks and lists of approved drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
- Minimum of two years of HR administrative experience required
- Basic HR Generalist knowledge
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication, listening, and assessment skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow up on details
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Bilingual English/Spanish
5640 Moreno Street Suite A
Montclair, CA 91763